stripping off "xf86-*-" from drivers

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 18:39:06 PST 2008

> doesn't this useless piece of information bother you?
>
> It's not even *true* for all the drivers added lately,
> which got this xf86- prefix just out of inertia :-)

All current drivers are base on the XFree86 DDX, this what the xf86 means,

the only other DDX that has "drivers" is kdrive really and its drivers
aren't separated in modular..

Granted I'd be happy to move all the open source drivers back into the
server build and get rid of whole idea of a stable ABI between
releases...

Dave.