[xf86-video-ati] Getting rid of warnings

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 12:57:23 PST 2008

On Jan 19, 2008 3:03 PM, Matthias B. <msbREMOVE-THIS at winterdrache.de> wrote:
> I have an LCD monitor connected to DVI and an LCD TV connected to VGA. I
> want to use Clone mode with DVI=1280x1024 and TV=1352x761. The latter is a
> non-standard mode for which I have constructed my own modeline. I have
> managed to get this setup to work with the attached xorg.conf. However I'm
> getting the following warnings. I'd like to know what I have to do to get
> rid of them or if that's not possible I'd like to know why (because I'm
> curious :-). Please enlighten me.
>
> (II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
> (--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
> (WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:1)
> found
>
> Xorg -scanpci does indeed show a second entry for my video card (marked
> "(Secondary)" with BusID PCI:1:0:1. What do I do with it? Should I create
> a Device section for it? And what would I put in there? A copy of the
> existing device section?

You can ignore this.  Most recent video cards show up as two pci ids
so that dualhead will work with windows 2000.  you can ignore the
second id.

> (WW) RADEON(0): DRI init changed memory map, adjusting ...
> (WW) RADEON(0):   MC_FB_LOCATION  was: 0xc7ffc000 is: 0xc7ffc000
> (WW) RADEON(0):   MC_AGP_LOCATION was: 0xffffffc0 is: 0xd07fd000

The drm changed the chip's memory controller setup and the ddx is just
syncing up it's view.  This is fine as well.

> I have absolutely no idea what this means.
>

> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x24
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x25
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x26
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x27
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x28
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x29
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2a
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2b
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2c
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2d
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2e
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2f
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x30
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x31
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x32
>
> I have absolutely no idea what this means.

You can ignore these as well.  the 3D driver and the xserver just have
different sets of supported visuals.

Alex