Call for community testers for intel driver

Jin, Gordon gordon.jin at intel.com
Sat Jan 19 05:35:55 PST 2008

Russell Sears wrote on Friday, January 18, 2008 8:08 AM:
> I have a thinkpad x61t tablet with an i965.  How should I report the
> bugs I'm seeing (send emails to list?) and future regressions?

Usually it's expected to search the existing bugs then report the new
bugs. Feel free to do that. I will mark dup or request further info.

> A table listing current known problems vs chipset would help.  The
> presence of entries like "works out of the box" on the current
> hardware matrix is less than useful, since the driver's missing
> features (ie: tear-free video in xv).

You are right. The (old) known issues should be in the release notes.
The critical new issues (which are expected to be fixed soon) are put
into a "release tracker", e.g. #13493 for 2.2.1.

Thanks
Gordon