Want to test xvmc branch of intel - need help!

Edward Hughes IV echughesiv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 11:54:20 PST 2008

> I've been playing with this too. You will need to have your Xorg server
> at the 1.4 level for a driver compliled from git to work (been there).

The current xserver-xorg-core in (K)Ubuntu 7.10 is at version 1.3, so
it looks like I'll need to build the whole thing.  Does the
MyXorgSources/xserver directory that the git_xorg.sh script created
contain the latest version?

> And you *do* need the xorg-devel packages.

Do you mean the xorg-devel packages from my current distribution?

Also, will I need to get the latest Mesa sources to go with
everything, or will the current installation work?

Thanks again,

Edward