New guy with Intel 965 issues

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Thu Jan 17 19:26:35 PST 2008

On Thursday 17 January 2008 21:07, Jesse Barnes set 1,000 monkies in front of
keyboards and the following appeared:
<snip>

> > The only weirdness I can see is a bunch of messages from the i915 module
> > in dmesg, they all start with "Unknown symbol:" and then list things like
> > "drm_open", "drm_release", "drm_pci_free", etc.
> >
> > Any ideas? FWIW, my Xorg server version is 1.3.0.0.
>
> Weird.  Normally those messages would mean that the i915 driver didn't
> load, but you say lsmod show it?  Seeing your dmesg, lsmod, and X log files
> might narrow things down.
>
> Jesse

Hi Jesse, thanks for the reply. Hmm well now my i915 module seems to be
it's loaded (normal?). Something I just noticed in my X log, DRI is trying to
open a device in /dev/dri, but I don't have anything at all in /dev/dri (and
this is while X is running)......anyway, here ya go:

http://theplaceofcoolness.com/xorg_diag/dmesg.txt
http://theplaceofcoolness.com/xorg_diag/lsmod.txt
http://theplaceofcoolness.com/xorg_diag/Xorg.0.log

And my lspci, just in case: