[xf86-video-intel] Need help solving issue with intel driver & DDC monitor detection

Hong Liu hong.liu at intel.com
Tue Jan 15 21:33:37 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 23:23 -0600, Jerone Young wrote:
> Sure,
>        I am using Ubuntu Hardy (but the problem is in Gutsy as well).
> My xorg.conf doesn't contain much since Ubuntu is moving to a all auto
> detection. I have it attached "xorg.conf"
>
>     I compiled with --enable-video-debug &  --enable-debug option. But
> there are issues with the logs. Read for more.
>
> When connected on startup
> ======================
> Log shows "SAM" but no data for the monitor. As mentioned and shown
> before xrandr shows 1920x1200 but will not let me do anything other
> than 1280x1024 cloned. It will just ignore xrandr commands. I tried
> some commands but no love.  The log is
> "Xorg.0.log-243T_connected_at_launch"
>
> When hotplugged.
> ====================
> Again only shows "SAM" but no data. As mentioned and shown before
> xrandr show 1920x1200. BUT this time NOTHING comes to the screen what
> so ever. Log is "Xorg.0.log-243T_hotplug.
>
> Honestly I'm having a hard time pin pointing this issue. It only
> happens with older monitors like my Samsung 243T and only the intel
> driver is having this problem.
>
> Now let me show my HACKED ..log where I move svdo_init() above
> lvds_init() in i830_driver.c.
>
> Connected on X launch with HACKED code
> ===================================
> Samsung 243T comes up perfect. While LVDS clones it. The log now shows
> all the modes!
> The log attached is "Xorg.0.log-243T_HACKED_connected_at_launch" ****
> THIS IS THE LOG YOU WANT!!
>
> Hotplug with HACKED code
> =======================
> Same behavior as without hack. Monitor will not show picture with any
> Xrandr command. This log is identical
> to the none hacked so I chose not to include it.

Would you please add #Option "ModeDebug" "true"# to the Device section
of your xorg.conf file and then attach your log? Without this option
enabled, I can't get much useful info from your log.

And also would you please open a bug in freedesktop bugzilla with all
your info input, so it will not be lost.

Thanks,
Hong