X3100 performance issue

Richard Goedeken SirRichard at fascinationsoftware.com
Mon Jan 14 16:23:22 PST 2008

Keith Packard wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 09:13 -0500, Richard Goedeken wrote:
>
>> On further testing I found that these are actually 2 separate problems.  The
>> problem with the drawing rectangle was identified in the last email.  When I
>> patched the drawing rectangle state upload back into my local code, that problem
>> was fixed but the problem with alpha blending still exists.  I guess I'll have
>> to do another bisect tonight to find the source of this.
>
> Hmm. I'm not sure I understood the 'drawing rectangle problem' then; do
> you have any small example that demonstrates this?
>
> And, yes, please do see if you can find the source of the alpha blending
> problem.

I have seen this drawing rectangle problem with both my N64 emulator and the
glxgears test program.  I haven't tested with anything else.  The symptom is
that only a part of the screen/window is redrawn (or none at all).  I just
updated to the tip of git master for 3 projects: mesa/drm, mesa/mesa, and
xf86-video-intel, and this problem shows up every time I run glxgears.  Usually
it won't draw anything at all - it will report FPS numbers like something is
happening, but nothing appears in the window.  Sometimes after 10-15 seconds
part of the screen will go out or come back in; it's random.  When I reverted
the commit d9edd8e9 this problem went away.

Richard