[xf86-video-intel]monitor goes blank with fb compression on

Anton Khirnov wyskas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 09:15:03 PST 2008

Hi,
I have a FJS Amilo Pi-1505 laptop with GMA950 and I connect it to a
NEC MultiSync FP2141 CRT monitor. The problem I'm having is that
external CRT goes blank after about hour of work and only reboot fixes
it. LVDS remains perfectly functional and VT works on both monitors.
Restarting Xserver, reloading drm modules or playing with xrandr
doesn't help, there's still nothing on the screen, though the monitor
detects the signal with normal frequencies. Also absolutely nothing
interesting appears in logs (dmesg and Xorg).

Adding Option "FramebufferComperssion" "off" seems to fix it, but it's
surely not optimal solution.
Btw anyone care to explain, what is fb compression good for?

Anton Khirnov