order of XV ports

Dag Bakke dag at bakke.com
Fri Jan 11 08:12:12 PST 2008

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:52:17 +0100
Tino Keitel <tino.keitel+xorg at tikei.de> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 13:58:38 +0100, Dag Bakke wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:12:53 +0100
> > Tino Keitel <tino.keitel+xorg at tikei.de> wrote:

[snip]

> > > Is this possible without patching the Intel driver? If yes, how?
> >
> > Yes. You may patch the xv-enabled application instead.  :-)
>
> I already mentioned this, see above.

You did indeed. Sorry.

[snip]

> That's why I asked about a config option to disable or
> reorder XV ports.

I agree. An xorg.conf option, an XVPORT environment variable, or both.

It probably won't happen until someone with the hardware, the itch and
the ability finds time to code it.

Unless some of the Intel guys sees this as a way to buy even more
goodwill by simply providing what owners of Intel hardware really
would like to see.  (Who me? Fishing? :-)

Dag B.