building X.Org the current way

Jason Roscoe jason.roscoe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 12:29:13 PST 2008

Pat Kane wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2008 9:41 AM, Jason Roscoe <jason.roscoe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  What is
>> the correct way to pick up where I left off?
>>

> The build script in "./util/modular/build.sh" has the following
> useful options:
>     -a : do NOT run autogen.sh
>     -r module/component : resume building with this component
>
> so you could try:
>    util/modular/build.sh   -r  lib/libXcomposite  your_prefix

Thanks for the response - that worked.  However, I have a new question
as now my build is failing in app/xdriinfo because I initially did not
tell build.sh where the Mesa stuff was installed.  I'm trying your
suggestion again but this time I want to specify the Mesa path with the
-m argument:

    util/modular/build.sh  -m  /path/to/Mesa/lib  -r app/xdriinfo
your_prefix

But, this doesn't seem to update the necessary configuration so that
Mesa gets found so I am still getting the same error about not finding
the GL library.  I assume I need an equivalent command to the old "make
Makefile; make Makefiles"?  Thanks!