AMD documentation release

Xavier Bestel xavier.bestel at free.fr
Fri Jan 4 09:05:13 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 17:25 +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 10:45 -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > AMD is pleased to announce the release of register reference guides
> > for the following chips:
> >
> > M76 - http://www.x.org/docs/AMD/RRG-216M56-03oOEM.pdf
> > RS690 - http://www.x.org/docs/AMD/43372_rs690_rrg_3.00o.pdf
>
> Nice. Still no ETA for the 3D stuff ?

For those interested in random gossip (ok, like me),I just read that:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=960&num=1

"There was a chance that AMD would also be releasing the "tcore" sample
code today as well, but due to the holidays, this code isn't yet ready
for release. AMD engineers use "tcore" internally for software work,
prior to the availability of the silicon for future GPUs. Once released,
this tcore code will help establish the open-source 3D support within
DRM for the ATI R500 and R600 series. The tcore code should also help in
2D R600 acceleration. In addition, AMD will be open-sourcing part of
their new proprietary OpenGL driver and will be in a state so that it
can be patched into the existing R300+ Mesa driver."