sawfish installation (librep problem)

Rachid KHAZAZ rachiddelta at yahoo.fr
Thu Jan 3 16:38:31 PST 2008

Hi all,
  I’m trying to install sawfish, so I need to install librep 0.17 wich requires gmp 4.2.2. gcc compiles gmp without problem. But librep doesn’t see the compiling results of gmp. I then compied the gmp’s compiling results (.o files) to librep directory, the configure commande generates the Makefile but the make crashes giving this message :

Text relocation remains referenced  against symbol

file                                offset      in

<unknown>                           0x1d0     .libs/randlc2s.o

<unknown>                           0x1e8     .libs/randlc2s.o

<unknown>                           0x200     .libs/randlc2s.o

<unknown>                           0x218     .libs/randlc2s.o

<unknown>                           0x230     .libs/randlc2s.o

<unknown>                           0x248     .libs/randlc2s.o

<unknown>                           0x260     .libs/randlc2s.o

<unknown>                           0x278     .libs/randlc2s.o

ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but

non-writable sections

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

  does any one have an idea about this problem ?
  Thank you