new 'xvmc' branch of intel video driver

Zhenyu Wang zhen78 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 15:27:23 PST 2008

On 2008.01.01 20:48:47 -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> However, now I find I do not know how to test this alongside the old
> version.
> Copying the new intel_drv.so into /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers fails. X
> will not start, reporting a 'module mismatch error'.
>
> Munging PATH and ld.so.conf to put the /tmp/modular/bin and
> /tmp/modular/lib folders into the path ahead of the normal references
> did not work. Xorg.0.old continued to report that the module path is
> /usr/lib/xorg.

You may have an origin module path config in your /etc/X11/xorg.conf?

> So how do I *test* the new stuff? By which I mean, I can come back to
> the present setup..

Just make sure libIntelXvMC.so could be found by your ld.so, or
write absolute path into XvMCConfig and put under your xorg build's
config dir.

This page http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XvMC has driver status
and methods for testing.