xorg 7.3.1 ?

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Fri Feb 29 07:45:36 PST 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 01:29:59AM +0000, Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
> Since we have a Xorg 7.4 release plan
> shouldn't we release Xorg 7.3.1 before,

Not really.

> Since fedora , ubuntus and other distro still on X 7.2
> this will be a great jump swap 7.2 to 7.4 with so many changes .
>
> I would like distinct bugs form X server 1.4 than 1.5 ,
> Seems to me 1.5 will be to green at release time for fedora 9 .
> I prefer a smooth transaction of versions.

1.4 is just as bad, really.  We don't have the manpower to maintain two
primary development branches, full stop.

> X server 1.4.1 still not released because seems that have leaks of
> memory ( I don't find any !) , but better leaks , than a nightmare of
> problems .

1.4.0.90 is out and 1.4.1 will come eventually.  If you can point to any
other components with major bugs, we can do stable releases of those for
distributions to use, and wham, you have what's essentially 7.3.1.

Cheers,
Daniel