does 965G support xv ?

Tino Keitel tino.keitel+xorg at tikei.de
Fri Feb 29 05:56:01 PST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 20:51:44 -0500, sean darcy wrote:
> I see some posts about how just changing some #define's in the intel
> driver provides xv support. Is this correct? What about 945? Does it

You confused video overlay with XV here. XV is just an interface, and
the hardware can provide XV functionallity in several ways. See below.

> work with mythtv?

Yes, for ages. One problem is that recent versions if the Intel driver
provide 2 XV ports: textured video and video overlay. Textured video is
crap for movie playback because it causes tearing video. However, it is
reported as the first XV port, so the applications that just select the
first port use textured video.

This is also an issue with MythTV. However, I use a patch[1] for MythTV
from SVN trunk that makes mythfrontend ignore the textured video XV
port and use video overlay instead.

Regards,
Tino

[1] http://tikei.de/50_skip_intel_textured_video.dpatch