XGrabKey questions

Wang Baisheng baisheng.wang.cn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 13:40:48 PST 2008

Hi, All

	I am using the XGrabKey, but I am confused...

	First, for params keyboard_mode, the man page says "If the keyboard_mode
argument is GrabModeAsync, keyboard event processing continues as usual", but
when I write some code like, "   XGrabKey(display, XKeysymToKeycode(display,
XK_d), 0, rootWindow, True, GrabModeAsync, GrabModeAsync);", the focus
application can not receive any key d press event.

	And the man page says "Actual keyboard changes are not lost while the
keyboard is frozen; they are simply queued in the server for later
processing", but after I receive the key press event, I call XAllowEvents,
but I can not receive any KeyRelease event, why ?

	And I search internet for an example, but I haven't got it. So I appreciate
your help. Thanks.

	BRs,
	Baisheng