Xorg 7.4 release plan

Brian Paul brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com
Wed Feb 27 07:24:00 PST 2008

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:
>>  February 29: Branch 1.4.99.901, no new features
>
> Out of curiosity, which version of mesa is being targeted? I would
> assume master since that's what you've been using in Rawhide. In that
> case, does a mesa release need to be coordinated? I guess this depends
> on DRI2.

I wasn't planning on a Mesa 7.1 (trunk code) release for a while, but I
could finish up 7.0.3 at any moment.  I have to admit that I haven't
actually tested Mesa 7.0.3 with current X code in quite a while though.

Before Mesa 7.1 I'd like to see a new, official DRM release.  Otherwise,
it's hard to identify a snapshot of DRM that works with Mesa.  I know I
always have trouble with DRM versioning otherwise.

Is there any kind of roadmap for a new DRM release?

-Brian