Support for SIS662 on Intel mobo?

Randolph Chung randolph at tausq.org
Mon Feb 25 23:28:27 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to get xorg working on a SIS662 on an Intel D201GLY2 board.

With the generic xorg sis driver, X comes up, but there is a lot of
vertical flicker on the screen. This seems to be a "known" problem (e.g.
see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=463077)

After a bit of googling, I found that there are two other drivers out
there for SiS/xorg:

There's one from Nicu Pavel:
http://www.linuxconsulting.ro/xorg-drivers/
Others seem to have some success with this driver, but it doesn't
compile for me against current xorg headers (release or git). On IRC
Dave Airlie mentioned that he knows about this driver but it's not yet
been merged. I'm still trying to build it, but not yet sure why that
page talks about D201GLY with SIS671, since Intel's pages seem to say
that D201GLY (the earlier version of the -2 board I have) also uses
SIS662. Maybe there were different revs.

There's another driver, mentioned in the ubuntuforum thread I quoted above,
that links to a driver from Intel:
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/13374/eng/4180_sis_drv_suse_10_2-1.0-021307.i586.rpm

Unfortunately I can't find the actual intel.com page that mentions this
driver. The RPM claims the driver is GPL, but I can't find any reference
to the source code.

This driver does seem to work mostly on the SIS662, and it even has DRI
support! Although the driver seems to be a bit outdated and some opengl
programs gives it problems. For any Intel people reading this - any
pointers on where to get the source for this driver? It seems to be
based on the xorg driver + fixes.

thanks,
randolph