Custom Xlog filenames?

Enrique Arizón e_arizon_benito at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 03:47:24 PST 2008

Hello,

 I'm deploying a set of "thin-client" systems with
(around) 100 clients each, trying to keep all logs in
a shared NFS directory that clients will mount in
/var/log.
 I was trying to add the MAC address to the log
filename in order to avoid each thin client to
overwrite the file. Something similar to:

   /var/log/Xorg.0.00:11:22:33:44:55.log

Still, by "googling" I found no info about customizing
log filenames (or even if it's possible to do such
thing).

 thanks in advance for any help/hint or link

 Enrique Arizón