[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel-2.2.1

Jesse Barnes jesse.barnes at intel.com
Fri Feb 22 12:50:34 PST 2008

Well, it's that time again.  Here's the 2.2.1 release.

There are many more changes in here than I would have liked, and we still
weren't able to close all the blockers (though we did squash quite a few
tough ones), but we had to release someday.  According to bugzilla, we closed
at least a few dozen bugs between 2.2.0 and 2.2.1, but I suspect my
bugzilla-fu isn't good enough to get the real list.

Thanks a ton to our community testing team, who was diligent about testing the
pre-release and herding bugs to the slaughterhouse, and of course the
development team and all who contributed fixes.

Zhenyu will be handling the 2.3 release, which should include a few new
features relative to 2.2 (we're hoping to reduce some of the mode setting
flicker that occurs at startup, among other things), and volunteers are
welcome to step forward if they'd like to see a 2.2.2 release with a few more
bug fixes.

And on the policy front, we've decided it's worth spending some time fixing
kernel framebuffer related bugs, so if you see problems with this driver
running on top of vesafb (intelfb should only be used if you *really* know
what you're doing), please report them.  We'll probably need register dumps
and lots of testing to fix any issues, but we do want to hear about them.

Thanks,
Jesse

Adam Jackson (1):
      i830_sdvo_mode_valid: Fix return values to match what we actually check.

Alan Hourihane (1):
      vendor is CARD8

Andreas Stawinoga (1):
      Samsung Q45 has no TV output

Dave Airlie (1):
      ivch: fails on address mismatch as I seem to get this on my 865 system

Eric Anholt (1):
      Remove extra have_libpciaccess=no that broke tools build with old
servers.

Erik Andren (1):
      Clevo M720R has no TV-out

Hong Liu (4):
      Bug 10773: fix i8xx pll p2 value in i830_crtc_clock_get()
      Bug 10584: Mac Mini EDID data assigned to TMDS output
      Allow non-strict free order for bo_list
      Fix PLL reference clk debug dump

Jesse Barnes (30):
      Fix typo in 1920x1080 resolution entry
      Use "LEGACY" backlight method if backlight control is such
      Add BCM_ to backlight control method enums
      Fix backlight setting save/restore
      Describe output properties in more detail
      CRT hotplug detection improvements
      Add cscope files to .gitignore
      Unconditionally restore pipe configuration
      Fix compilation error when not using DRI
      Don't modify low bit of BLC_PWM_CTL when using combo backlight control
      Add pipe A force enable quirk
      Add pipe A force enable quirk
      Don't modify low bit of BLC_PWM_CTL when using combo backlight control
      Fix compilation error when not using DRI
      Remove unnecessary quirk code in CRT probing
      Remove unnecessary quirk code in CRT probing
      Turn on backlight when LVDS panel is powered up
      Program FBC fence offset register
      Only enable FBC if one pipe is active
      Fix typo in merge
      Fix build warnings on 64 bit
      Bump version to 2.2.1.90 for 2.2.1 pre-release
      Fix version bump, should have been 2.2.0.90
      Only disable FBC if registers are available
      Fix DSP*CNTR restoration
      Remove side effects from VGA debug code
      Add pipe A force enable quirk for ThinkPad X40
      Add quirk for DVO channel selection
      Add CACHE_MODE_0 register to dump output
      Bump version to 2.2.1

Joakim (1):
      Aopen Minipc 965GM LVDS quirk

Julien Cristau (2):
      Bug 14032: i810, set default depth to 16
      Don't build reg_dumper if we don't have pciaccess 0.10.0

Keith Packard (1):
      Decode DSPCLK_GATE, dump PIPE*STAT, MI_MODE, MI_DISPLAY_POWER_DOWN,
MI_ARB_STATE, MI_RDRET_STATE, ECOSKPD

Mark Kettenis (1):
      Bug #14246: Fix biuld on OpenBSD.

Michel Dänzer (1):
      Always set pPriv->buf to NULL after freeing the memory it pointed to.

Nanhai Zou (1):
      TV: fix 576p refresh rate

Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade (1):
      Make sure symbols used by other modules are public.

Zhenyu Wang (21):
      Replace ALLOCATE_LOCAL/DEALLOCATE_LOCAL with xalloc/xfree
      exa: fix rendering issue on some 855GM laptops
      Fix tv quirk for Dell Latitude X1
      Change origin i965G_1 to chipset market name G35.
      Add new integrated graphics chipset ids
      GTT access change for new integrated graphics device
      Update PIPELINE_SELECT instruction and surface state format for new
chipset
      Disable frame buffer compression on new chipset now.
      Add missing i830M and 845G pci ids info
      Fix i830 block handler wrap
      Clear shadow memory after allocation
      Set vtSema before EnterVT
      Don't crash if SW cursor
      Fix last commit on i8xx debug p2 value
      Bug #14440: fix stolen mem size mask on i830M
      Fix last 8XX clock's p2 value commit
      Wrap up chipsets which needs graphics address for status page
      hardware status page initialization rework
      Add DMI info for i830 quirks
      Fix Lenovo X60 TV quirk
      Don't leak memory if no DMI info is provided by kernel

hulifox008 (1):
      Fix copy'n'paste-o in unused airlied i2c code.

liuhong (1):
      xf86-video-intel: fix ivch using wrong dvo register

git tag: xf86-video-intel-2.2.1

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/driver/xf86-video-intel-2.2.1.tar.bz2
MD5: 3334dc5142871b78fc609fd1b3dac3f2  xf86-video-intel-2.2.1.tar.bz2
SHA1: 7180c7ab83e3334053bd1bec1cdd1755b529e19c  xf86-video-intel-2.2.1.tar.bz2

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/driver/xf86-video-intel-2.2.1.tar.gz
MD5: 45f30487584267e37954223c0669afbc  xf86-video-intel-2.2.1.tar.gz
SHA1: ca1028a72eddd6472f83a0f50e14a0892048f19e  xf86-video-intel-2.2.1.tar.gz