Intel G35 Chipset with Onkyo TX-SR875 Receiver and HDMI Out

Benjamin Pineau ben.pineau at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 09:07:29 PST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Rajesh Krishna Balan <rajesh at cs.cmu.edu> wrote:
> Hi Benjamin,
>
>  thanks for the bug list.
>
>  I saw both bugs. I'm not using DVI so can't help with the first one.

Not sure that connecting the HDMI out directly to the monitor vs.
connecting the monitor via a HDMI-to-DVI converter does make
a lot of difference here. AFAIK HDMI-to-DVI adapters are completely
passive devices, and should be compatible in both ways.

A striking similarity with bz #13968 is that in both cases, the
monitor does display the console well, but can't display X11 using
Intel driver. Does it work under X11 with vesa driver for you too ?

Also, someone (I can't remember who/where) suggested that this
motherboard's HDMI adapter may be reporting bogus EDID data, and
that may explain the different symptoms we are seeing.

In my case, I get slightly differing EDID data when the monitor is
connected through VGA and when it is connected via DVI. I wonder if
it is to be expected.