X at FOSDEM2008: Speakers shedule and info.

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Mon Feb 18 17:53:58 PST 2008

Hi all,

As was communicated in the last few months, we once again have a
Developers Room at FOSDEM this year.

For those (still) unfamiliar with fosdem: http://www.fosdem.org

This happens upcoming weekend, in brussels, belgium, europe.

Our own wiki page: http://wiki.x.org/wiki/fosdem2008
FOSDEM Devroom page: http://www.fosdem.org/2008/schedule/devroom/xorg

Here is an updated shedule for our developers room:

Saturday:

    * 14.30: John Bridgman - Open sourcing ATI.
    * 15.30: Egbert Eich - The RadeonHD Project.
    * 16.30: Stephane Marchesin - Nouveau : Cooking an Open Source Nvidia driver.
    * 17.30: [Your Name Here].

Sunday:

    * 10.30: Helge Bahmann - XAudio.
    * 11.00: Remi Cardona - Bringing Metisse and X.org together.
    * 12.00: Daniel Stone - Fixing X input: the beer coaster roadmap to success.
    * 13.00: Lunch
    * 14.00: Michael Meeuwisse - Project VGA.
    * 15.00: Keith Whitwell - Update on Gallium3D.
    * 16.00: Jerome Glisse - Radeon, from DRM to Gallium.
    * 17.00: Keith Packard - Roadmap to recovery - pain and redemption in X driver development.

We still have one slot free for whoever still wants to step up to the
plate, but mail me about this ASAP.

Our DevRoom is not the same one we had for the previous years. We are
now located at H 2213. This is in the same building as the main fosdem
reception. Map: http://www.fosdem.org/2008/maps/campus

The DevRoom will be open on saturday from 14:00 through 19:00 and
sunday from 9:00(ish will most likely be closer to 10 :)) through 18:00

There will be seats, networking (which will hopefully be as good as last
year) and a few powerstrips so that hopefully nobody has to sit around
and twiddle their fingers because their batteries died. And there will
of course be interesting talks and likewise company :)

Alexandre is reserving some tables at a nearby restaurant for saturday
evening. This will most likely be for 20:00 at the same restaurant as
last year, but details will be announced either before saturday or on
saturday itself.

As for friday, i guess most of us will eventually end up at the Delirium
Cafe [http://www.fosdem.org/2008/beerevent] Supper on friday will have
to be organised ad hoc.

FOSDEM is located at the university campus SolBosch of the ULB
(Universite libre de Bruxelles). Coordinates for maps.google.com are
50.812809,4.380219 and GPS coordinates are (thanks, google): +50° 48'
46.11", +4° 22' 48.79"

Bus 71 (direction "delta") and Tram 94 (direction "Hermann Dubroux")
service this location from the city center, and both have a stop called
ULB. This stop can be located as google maps: 50.813792,4.384229.

More information on brussels public transportation can be found on:
http://www.stib.be/ A full route map can be found here:
http://www.stib.be/irj/go/km/docs/STIB-MIVB/INTERNET/attachments/Plan_reseau/200
+80211_plan.pdf

Thanks, and see you at FOSDEM!