XComposite input redirection/transformation proposal

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sun Feb 17 08:22:22 PST 2008

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 05:16:29AM +0100, Dennis Kasprzyk wrote:
> David Reveman made patches for such a system a long time ago, but no one
> with enough xserver knowledge tried to finalize the patches for xserver
> inclusion. Everyone is saying that we need it, but it's always only moved
> to the todo list for the next xserver version.

Myself and Peter have just had other stuff on our plate.  I may need it
for work, so might have time to clean it up and merge it (just a couple
of small problems remaining), but if you worked on it, I'm sure you
could get it to a mergeable state orders of magnitude faster than a
client-based system.

Bear in mind that client-based means that you're going to have
unacceptably latent events, due to every pointer movement now being
dependent on a round trip.

Cheers,
Daniel