State of X - Google Tech Talk

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Wed Feb 13 22:51:59 PST 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 03:44:29PM +0900, Thomas Fritzsche wrote:
> On Feb 14, 2008 8:46 AM, Harald Braumann <harry at unheit.net> wrote:
> > But even as a frequent reader of this list it is hard to follow the
> > development of all the new and shiny things done in and around X. Until
> > smth has been released, information about what's going on is scattered
> > on multiple mailing lists, irc channels, devs' personal blogs, etc.
> > Also dedicated news sites of some projects are usually updated
> > enthusiastically only for a short time after they have been set up.
>
> Something like a weekly newsletter that close the gap between
> developers and users would be cool. I just guess it's a larger effort?

To be honest, there's not even that much going on week to week.  Most of
us are kept pretty busy by our day jobs (looking at the core server
developers, we've variously been hacking on the Linux kernel, doing
various fixes for an enterprise Linux distribution, working on a
particular driver, etc), so xorg-commit is low-traffic enough to peruse
if you're interested.

Cheers,
Daniel