Xvfb and Composite extension

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Tue Feb 12 01:43:44 PST 2008

Rémi Cardona wrote:
> Rémi Cardona a écrit :
>> ~/bin/Xvfb +extension XEVIE +extension Composite -ac -fbdir /tmp :1
>
> FWIW, the Xorg that's built along has no problem enabling the Composite
> extension.
>
> I tried digging in mi/miinitext.c but I don't see any reason why
> Composite and Xvfb shouldn't get along...

You can use Xorg in an Xvfb-like fashion, using the xf86-video-dummy and
void input drivers, though I haven't checked if the dummy driver does
composite correctly - just use an xorg.conf file that looks like this
(add Files and Module sections as needed for older Xorg versions):

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "X.org Configured"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"