AMD Open GPU Documentation Website

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 01:33:55 PST 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 7:15 PM, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir at pobox.com> wrote:
> On 12 Feb 2008, at 04:49, Alex Deucher wrote:
>
> > AMD is pleased to announce our open GPU documentation website
> > (http://ati.amd.com/developer/open_gpu_documentation.html).  This
> > website contains links to our recently released GPU register
> > documentation.  New specifications  will appear there as we release
> > them.
>
> Any hope of releasing the old ATI SDK which contained info on how to
> use the XvMC hardware of the R100 generation? I know it's in the hands
> of some X developers already, but they cannot redistribute it.

No X.org developer has gotten the XvMC info for any chip, the old SDKs
contained a binary blob that you could use in theory...

I've RE'ed the blob and hacked up something a long time ago on r200,
but it was never suitably legal and I had no idea about MPEG at the
time.

however AMD hope to release some info on this at some point, but it'll
be down  the list of  things..

Dave.
Dave.