Linux on an Ultra 45 with an XVR-300, libpciaccess fix needed?

David Miller davem at davemloft.net
Mon Feb 11 13:11:27 PST 2008

From: "Martin Bochnig" <mb1x at gmx.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:23:33 +0100

> I suggest you just wait until the new server gets released. Then
> SB1500, SB2500, U25 and U45 (just as many many servers, telcos and
> Niagara1 and 2) should just work.

Under Linux U45 might not, there are some quirks about how we
handle Sun's PCI-E controller because there is not host controller
PCI config space exported, for example, and there are some side
effects about that.

All this talk about "internal SUNW blah" is rediculious as every
piece of hardware in the Ultra45 is fully documents with
programming manuals found on Sun's own web site.

I'll try to test out my XVR-100 card in my Ultra45 to see if I
can get it working, but it may be some time before I can work
on that.