radeon driver GLX pixmap support

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Mon Feb 11 05:18:30 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 16:34 -0500, Stephen Winiecki wrote:
> It is my understanding that the current open source radeon driver does not
> have GLX pixmap support, but it is being worked on?  Can someone provide
> status or a pointer to discussion of this support being added?

The biggest roadblock is the pending DRI2 rework, and porting the radeon
driver(s) to it.

> Also - someone told me that ARGB8888 cannot be configured in GLX (they
> were using PPC, Xorg 7.1.1).  Is this true?

Not per se - I'm typing this on a PowerBook running compiz with some
partially translucent ARGB8888 windows. :) I'm using more or less
current Git snapshots though, but this has been working at least since
xserver 1.3 or thereabouts. We'd need to get more information about this
problem.