Few words about intel graphics on G965 (DG965RY)

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Fri Feb 8 02:46:01 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 04:48 +0200, Maxim Levitsky wrote:

> I assume that ttm will allow to use compiz in direct rendering mode,
> and fix problems with XV and opengl which aren't redirected now (but I
> don't mind that)

The textured XVideo adaptor should already work correctly with
redirected windows. As for GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap with direct
rendering and correct OpenGL rendering to redirected windows, TTM is
necessary but not sufficient for those issues, DRI2 will address them.

> Plus shaders should work in direct mode, so this will fix the shaders
> too (Although the indirect shaders should be fixed too)

At least with current xserver master, I thought shaders should work
equally well with indirect or direct rendering. If not, please make sure
there are bug reports with sufficient information.