xtest

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Feb 7 08:12:24 PST 2008

Hugo Baz, le Thu 07 Feb 2008 16:43:00 +0100, a écrit :
> Is there's a way to detect if a mouse event was not sent by a real device but
> rather by xtestfakemotionevent or xtestfakebuttonevent?

Not that I know.

> I'm writting a programm that should react differently depending on the
> above.

Why?  Assistive technologies use the XTest extension to perform input,
and so the behavior should be the same as for events coming from the X
server itself.  And anyway, the purpose of XTest is really to test the
actual implementation, so doing something else is probably wrong :)

What you can do is using SendEvent instead, and then you'll be able to
use the send_event field.

Samuel