945GM<->965GM huge performance differences when running GLX apps in parallel

Jens Stroebel dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
Wed Feb 6 07:02:39 PST 2008

Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 15:09 +0100, Jens Stroebel wrote:

		[...snip...]

>> Can anybody tell me why this is so?
>
> Not using TTM, I'm guessing?  Non-TTM context switching was much more
> expensive on 965.

Is there any other way to work around this effect but to use a
TTM-enabled setup?

We are currently using the setup proposed in the community-testing
effort and are quite happy with it apart from #12923 and this
performance problem...

		grets,
		  jens
dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
		23.....56.......drifting
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java
do thoughts acquire speed,  hands acquire shaking,  the shaking
becomes a warning, By caffeine alone do I set my mind in motion