Possible bug in kubuntu or fedora version of X?

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Feb 4 04:18:17 PST 2008

> Was this something that got fixed in 2.2.3, or do I have an X incompatibility
> between kubuntu & fedora versions of X?

X is compatible and has been for a very long time. If your X server
itself is crashing that almost always points to a bug in whichever X
server crashed, and that would be your starting point.

A protocol incompatibility or bug even if it did occur should at
worst cause the app to terminate and messages get displayed.