Input Event Queue Problems

Noel Corbett ovoskeuiks at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 17:33:55 PST 2008

Hi,
I'm having some difficultly with an RS232 touch screen and xorg on Ubuntu
7.10. The touch screen is functioning well for the most part but starts to
progressively lag behind the inputs I give it. The serial information is
coming through just fine but all the input events seem to become stuck in
the event queue. I am able to 'push' the events out by creating more input
events using a mouse attached to the computer. Any movement from the mouse,
button input or scroll wheel event will cause the events to come out of the
queue and the cursor will jump around the screen as it follows all my
previous touches until all have been processed.
Does anyone know what the problem might be and/or how to diagnose further.
The touchscreen driver is the 1.1 version of the elographics driver.

Thanks in advance
Noel