Preferred (gentoo) Intel Stack?

m h sesquile at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 21:41:51 PST 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 5:56 PM, m h <sesquile at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 5:51 PM, m h <sesquile at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hmmm, thanks all for the responses.  Perhaps this is a weird
>> interaction with Awesome wm/xcb?  Am running intel/mesa/etc ~amd64
>> now, and am only getting 64 fps on glxgears.  Also during a compile
>> (gentoo) it appears that konsole text scrolling is causing X to chug
>> on the cpu....  And I can still get xine fullscreen to crash X.
>
> I should note that the 64fps is with glxinfo saying the direct rendering in on!

Checked out the x11 overlay and used the latest (non-9999) versions of
intel/xorg-server/mesa and gtk apps were messed up.  (Not showing some
menus).  Dropped back down to ~amd64 intel driver.  Seems like I'm
getting the stuck at 60 fps for glxgears thing.  Everything else looks
ok, (X cpu doesn't shoot up to 90% when scrolling a compile), except
XV/Xine fullscreen still crashes X.  Should I file a bug?  Where?
Gentoo? Intel? Xine?

-matt