XInput2 MD without SD again

Christian Beier beier at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Thu Dec 18 10:36:01 PST 2008

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:14:22 +1000
Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 05:16:19PM +0100, Christian Beier wrote:
> > Oh and well, while we're at it: adding more than 6 or 7 MDs crashes the
> > Xserver.  Try 'xinput create-master foo' six or more times. I think I'll
> > file another bug...
>
> crash the server or FatalError it? I just tried it in here and it works fine.
>
> Do you have d507f60689f4e14383b0d24e63afc8cf836360d5 xfree86: don't FatalError
> on "too many input devices"?

Yep, I have that.  I use an Xorg build from 15. December 2008.
Funny thing is, i wanted to reproduce the bug, and i could create MDs
up to id 19, then xinput bailed out with a BadAlloc error. Seems
everything was working. _But_ then I added another mouse to the laptop
and tried creating MDs up to the limit again, and voila: Got a Fatal
server error...

Xorg.0.log and 'xinput list' output just before adding another MD
attached.

Cheers,
  Christian

--