intel without connected monitor

strawks strawks at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 16 09:36:23 PST 2008

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:20:37 -0800, Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net> wrote:
> If you've ever successfully connected a monitor to your system and had X
> come up, please ignore the messages about SDVO.  You almost surely have
> HDMI outputs, not SDVO.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H which has VGA, DVI and HDMI
outputs.
I'm using the HDMI output, connected to an Onkyo receiver which is
connected to a Sharp LCD TV.

When the receiver and the LCD are both powered on I have no problem, I get
1080p at 50Hz.

> We'd need to see /var/log/Xorg.0.log with Option "ModeDebug" "TRUE" to
> figure out what was going wrong with your Option "enable" "true".

I have attached my xorg.conf and the Xorg log.

In the mean time I compiled the 2.6 rc1 of the intel driver and I got the
same problem.

regards,
strawks