[ANNOUNCE] radeonhd 1.2.4 Release

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Mon Dec 15 11:43:38 PST 2008

On Dec 12, 08 18:52:55 +0100, Luca Tettamanti wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 5:53 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> > On Friday 12 December 2008, Matthias Hopf wrote:
> >>Announcing the 1.2.4 of the xf86-video-radeonhd driver.
> >>
> > I still don't have drm, so glxgears is only marginally faster (850 fps vs 800)
> > than before on an RV610 (Diamond HD2400-Pro), and things like tvtime still
> > cannot run.
>
> Still no DRM nor XV (which would use DRM anyway I believe) on R600 and newer.

And that's not even related to the X11 driver. As soon as we have a R6xx
DRI module for Mesa, it will probably "just work" (TM) with the current
X11 driver.

Fingers crossed, that is.

XV will happen in about the same timeframe. Again, fingers crossed.

And, PLEASE, don't keep xorg-announce included in the mail recipients
when replying to a announcement mail.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __