Input device problem

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Sat Dec 13 11:51:50 PST 2008

I've got a DVB card (saa7146 chip) with a remote control which appears
as a Linux input device. The trouble is certain keys which correspond to
keys on an ordinary keyboard also appear on /dev/console when pressed,
which I don't want.

I thought I could stop this being a problem in X by changing my
keyboard's "InputDevice" section to use the "evdev" driver with Option
"Device" "/dev/input/event0" instead of the "keyboard" driver. It seemed
to do the trick at first, but I soon discovered that with this setup
pressing the "4" key on my remote would abruptly terminate my X session,
as if I'd pressed Alt-Ctrl-Backspace, and there would be no explanation
in /var/log/Xorg.0.log. Anywhere else I can look for clues?

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk