xorg and displayport

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Dec 12 12:19:06 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 14:11 -0500, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> Should I be able to get my HP lp2475w monitor to work with DisplayPort
> on Fedora 10 using the intel driver on a HP DC7900? Nothing seems to
> work at all... I don't think the DisplayPort is even recognized.

For G45/GM45, the hardware has built-in DP support, but the driver
doesn't work with it yet. I'm working on it, but it's harder than HDMI
to get running. I spent a day and got the chipset talking to the
monitor, but no output yet. And no EDID yet either; the DDC stuff uses
the DP AUX CH in a mystic way.

keith.packard at intel.com