Get raw data of Xrender Picture structure

Peter Harris peter.harris at hummingbird.com
Tue Dec 9 07:15:07 PST 2008

Gregoire Gentil wrote:
> - So, at this point, I consider more patching/hacking the
> window/compositing manager xfwm4 to add a screenshot when the window is
> about to be umapped. Patching something like "no more unmap" seems
> overkill for what I want to achieve.

Using the Composite extension is the right way to redirect window contents.

> Let me know if you have any other comment or idea,

Instead of re-inventing the wheel, you may wish to learn from Kompose.
http://kompose.berlios.de/

Peter Harris
--
     Hummingbird Connectivity - A Division of Open Text
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.hummingbird.com