Get raw data of Xrender Picture structure

Peter Harris peter.harris at hummingbird.com
Mon Dec 8 16:36:35 PST 2008

McDonald, Michael-p7438c wrote:

> From: Peter Harris [mailto:peter.harris at hummingbird.com]
>> Don't read it back. Do your image manipulation entirely on
>> the server side.
>
>   Works as long as there is only one server side. Otherwise, "slow and
> suboptimal" seems to be your only choice.

"Fan out" is another possibility. Chromium does this for OpenGL; I'm
sure you could do something similar in the 2D space if you needed it.

It does have the potential to use more resources on each server. In
return you avoid GetImage, which is very slow.

Peter Harris
--
     Hummingbird Connectivity - A Division of Open Text
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.hummingbird.com