Get raw data of Xrender Picture structure

Gregoire Gentil gregoire at gentil.com
Mon Dec 8 09:17:41 PST 2008

Hello,

I would like to get the raw data of the Picture structure in Xrender.
Basically, I would like to import into a GdkPixbuf, a picture returned
by XRenderCreatePicture. There doesn't seem to be any data export
function in Xrender. Any pointer how I could achieve this?

Grégoire

PS: What do I need to do that? Because I want to preview in a gtk+
application the content of a window that is minimized (like Compiz or
Vista can do). gdk_pixbuf_get_from_drawable returns garbage with a
minimized windows and I think that xrender will return at least the
outdated content of the window. My windows and compositing manager is
xfwm4 which doesn't support this feature. I'm then trying to shortcut
xfwm4 and get what I want directly from Xrender.