Current tinderbox regression (xserver)

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Sat Dec 6 23:25:47 PST 2008

Hi Paulo,

   > Correction just pushed.

Thanks.

   > Do you also build on other architectures and operating systems?
   > I have interest at least in builds on Solaris and BSD.

At the moment the three machines on http://tinderbox.x.org/ are Linux
sparc64, Linux ppc64 and Linux i686, and I'd be happy to include others.
The steps for setting up a new machine are:

* Read http://tinderbox.x.org/participate, get a username/pass

* Set up jhbuild; see http://wiki.x.org/wiki/JhBuildInstructions

* "jhbuild build xorg-libs xserver xorg-drivers xorg-apps"; check that
  the build completes and you have the appropriate dependencies.

* Once you're ready to add the machine to the tinderbox front page,
  set up a crontab such as:

0 */2 *   *   *    bin/jhbuild autobuild -a -c --report-url="http://USER:PASS@construct.laptop.org/builds/rpc" xorg-libs xserver xorg-drivers xorg-apps

The tinderbox code can also launch the generated X server and perform
checks/benchmarks against it, but I don't have easy instructions for how
to do that with a new machine yet -- if someone wants to add that to a
machine (the "construct" i686 machine does so already) let me know.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>