Current tinderbox regression (xserver)

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Fri Dec 5 11:37:32 PST 2008

> http://tinderbox.x.org/builds/2008-12-05-0010/
> http://tinderbox.x.org/builds/2008-12-05-0010/logs/xserver/#build
>
> loader.c:77:17: error: sym.h: No such file or directory
> loader.c: In function 'LoaderInit':
> loader.c:110: error: 'dixLookupTab' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> loader.c:110: error: 'extLookupTab' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> loader.c:111: error: 'miLookupTab' undeclared (first use in this function)
> loader.c:111: error: 'xfree86LookupTab' undeclared (first use in this
> function)

  Thanks for the report. It was my fault of not making a clean build
last night. This was not the only problem tough. Due to removing the
static symbol tables, X Server and modules built in the X Server tree
had all linkage problems, as symbols were not added to the linkage
of the X Server, or it failed to resolved dependencies, so order
of libraries should be modified when linking.

  I readded a "simplified" version of the previous *sym.c files. I
will try to have it generated automatically from the sdk headers,
to avoid a difficult maintenance process, with the requirement of
updating things in two places (header files and file with vector
of symbols addresses).

> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=44c8c3cf7de589fb8e987f4ab931294eaf0b405f
>
> --
> Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>