Porting XWindows to a hardware platform

Kyle Unice unixe at comcast.net
Fri Dec 5 03:28:30 PST 2008

I am currently porting X Windows to an embedded platform.  The platform has
a medium size LCD and a touchscreen overlay.  I searched the FAQ but didn't
find what I needed. Here are some questions I have:

Is there a document that describes the X Windows software architecture
relating to how X Windows interfaces with the video, mouse and keyboard
device drivers?

I know there is a frame buffer driver and that is what we will probably use.
Is there a touch screen like driver to substitute for a mouse?

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

M-