Status of Intel Xvmc support? (Robert Lowery)

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Dec 3 14:19:19 PST 2008

From: "Robert Lowery" <rglowery at exemail.com.au>

 > > XvMC support for G965/GM965/G45/GM45 was merged to master a few days
 > > ago.
Just as a matter of interest, has anyone on the list managed to get the
master XvMC support working on MythTV?

I have a GM965 based system where mplayer works ok with the new XvMC
support, but mythfrontend crashes whenever I try to playback using XvMC.

I am running the intel driver version 2.5.1 and XvMC works well in
mplayer and mythtv. Mythtv does not seem to want to always switch
resolutions cleanly however, and I have gotten a few segfaults when
switching from Standard Definition with xvmc to something larger. And
I'm not sure, offhand that the problem is not because I am switching to
digital from analog.

BuXvMC works for 720x480 and will even attempt to play larger frames but
the picture turns out as a blocky green and black monochrome. So the
answer to 'are we there yet' is that the guys have got us quite close!

Keep it up please.

Geoff