tinderbox xserver build

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 12:14:06 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz <arekm at maven.pl> wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 of December 2008, Dan Nicholson wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 2:29 AM, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz <arekm at maven.pl> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Could tinderbox be building xserver with all features enabled? Right now
>> > some features are not build-tested and that ends with unbuildable xserver
>> > with these features (dmx case for example).
>>
>> Last I checked, dmx was broken, and I don't think anyone has done
>> anything to fix it.
>
> Then it should be removed from repo like it happened with xprint. What's the
> point to keep such stuff if no one cares?

Unlike xprint, I believe people actually think dmx is useful, it just
hasn't gotten much love. However, David Reveman did a lot of dmx work
that hasn't gone to master yet.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2008-October/039803.html

> (dmx was building in 1.5.x for me; no idea if worked though)

Ah. It may have been before 1.5 when I last tried to build dmx.

--
Dan