[xserver 1.6] RANDR primary output proposal

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Wed Dec 3 10:41:59 PST 2008

I've pushed a proposal for a pair of requests to get and set the primary
output to:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/randrproto/diff/?h=get-set-primary&id=c25389a1b5cb5cb513eb9486aca4df0d53d089df

This is not done as a normal output property because it modifies the
geometry list returned by Xinerama and RANDR such that the primary
output's CRTC is listed first, whereas normal output properties do not
modify internal server state.

Feedback?  I'm working on the library/server/xrandr bits, those should
be forthcoming once we're happy with the protocol.

- ajax