Broken X11 After Mandriva Upgrade

Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Mon Dec 1 15:21:04 PST 2008

Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 23:27 -0200, Paulo César Pereira de Andrade wrote:
>
>> Remove the x11-driver-video-sun... packages listed above. They
>> were being build and installed by default, but they won't work
>> on a "normal" ix86 computer.
>
> Making one wonder why you build them for architectures that do not, and
> will never, have sbus attached.

  Don't look at me. I wasn't working for Mandriva when those started
being installed by default. I just changed the rpm specs to not
install them on newer versions...

  But it is good that it can build on x86, so, while it cannot be
"executed", compiler warnings can be checked, and one can check for
missing symbols (other then the sbus ones).

Paulo