[rant] keeping policy in HAL

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Mon Dec 1 02:05:46 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 01:39:32AM -0800, David Miller wrote:
> From: "Nicolas Mailhot" <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net>
> Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 09:49:29 +0100 (CET)
>
> > Ironically fontconfig was adopted in large part because the core fonts
> > system had major problems with internationalization.
>
> Ironically you didn't read my posting.

Ironically, you didn't read the threads about it.  If you did, you'd
see that it was done to reduce the fragility of the build and indeed to
make life easier for the people who often hit this as one of the first
problems, to the point where it was an FAQ though.

I guess the term irony is thrown around too easily.

Cheers,
Daniel